Wednesday 17 April 2013

Not Enough Hours...

When someone sees us out with our group of little ones, we usually get "You must be busy!"  My standard response to that is "We're all busy - we're just busy doing different things."

When someone at a craft fair knows, or learns, about the children, I get "I don't know where you find the time to make jewelry with children around!"  My standard response to that is "It is often 5 minutes here, and 10 minutes there, but I do it because I love it."

Actually, I'm a list-maker.  I always have a To Do List on the go.  I mark the top 3 priorities (the things that I really want or need to get done) each morning.  When those things are crossed off the list, I'll mark the next 3 things and see if I can get those done, too.  Some days, I get quite a bit accomplished; other days, I struggle to get those top 3 jobs finished.

Sometimes it still feels like I'm spinning my wheels, getting nothing done.  So, I've added a little reflection at the end of my day - as I get ready for bed, I don't think about all the things I didn't get to, but list to myself all the things I did get done - everything from folding a load of laundry to reading 3 books to the children or making half of a new necklace design.  I usually have done more in my day than I thought and go to bed feeling fairly accomplished (and hoping for a little sleep - I do have a baby, after all).


"If you want something done, ask a busy person to do it. 
The more things you do, the more you can do."
- Lucille Ball

No comments:

Post a Comment